Port Environmental Index
Knowledge of environmental performance gives the power to improve it
Unique Value Proposition
PIXEL collects environmental data from heterogenous sources and combines them into a single quantitative composite indicator. Based on this input, PEI is able to use the complex algorithms developed, the collected data is homogenised and used to calculate the composite indicator which quantifies the environmental performance of the port. It allows the user to analyse in real-time the factors that most affect its own enviornmental efficiency and compare the progress of that based on a dashboard easy to use and understand.
Schema of the product:
1. Ports can have a reliable measure of their environmental footprint and so they can plan actions to reduce it to the desired levels.
2. The environmental efficiency in PEI is segmented by different categories of emissions and pollutants and can be monitored per category.
3. The measurements are valid across ports of all sizes and data infrastructure capabilities, allowing to increment accuracy with better data input.
1. Facilitating the reduction of the environmental impact of port activities through the direct measurement and modelling capabilities (e.g. greenhouse gases by 15-20%).
2. Ports can optimise their use of resources by including the appropriate monitoring parameters of environmental-related activities and act on them.
3. Enhancement of environmental performance planning capabilities to improve the green image of the port and attract new customers.
Keywords: quantitative index, environmental performance, IoT data analytics, meaningful UI.