PIXEL Project has the following General Objectives:
- Enable the IoT-based connection of port resources, transport agents and city sensor networks
- Achieve an automatic aggregation, homogenization and semantic annotation of multi-source heterogeneous data from different internal and external actors
- Develop an operational management dashboard to enable a quicker, more accurate and in-depth knowledge of port operations
- Model and simulate port-operations processes for automated optimization
- Develop predictive algorithms
- Develop a methodology for quantifying, validating, interpreting and integrating all environmental impacts of port activities into a single metric called the Port Environmental Index (PEI).
- Develop guidelines for mitigating possible environmental and health effects of port activities and develop evidence-based, standardized and cost-effective procedures for environmental monitoring in port areas